These are the steps we normally take to make a smooth transaction. You will see we make everything very easy for you and you will just need to organise the flights to come to your property and get the keys.
- Initial legal searching to ensure that there are no hidden charges or encumbrances affecting the property you are buying and making sure all the rates are paid up to date. We will make contact with Land Registry and Town Hall where the property is located.
- Especially when buying a rustic property, we also recommend arranging a surveyor who can give us technical information about the property to let us do the right checks with Land Registry and Catastro office and help us know what you are actually buying. They can also give you information about structural and building problems.
- A reservation agreement is commonly signed with the Estate Agent and a €3,000 deposit paid to ensure the vendor takes the property off the market.
- A first approach is made with the solicitor representing the vendors to gather all the paperwork related to the property followed by the drafting of a private contract to guarantee all of your rights. The balance of the deposit equal to 10% of the purchase price is handed over the vendor’s representative, upon signing the contract.
- We will apply for your NIE numbers, compulsory to buy a property in Spain, and also help you to open a Spanish bank account where your bills are paid from in the the future.
- We will book the notary for the completion date stated in the contract and help organise the payments to buy your property.
- After completion, we will handle the deeds until the full registration of the property in your names, pay all the taxes and change utility contracts, community fees, etc…into your names. We will also set up direct debits to pay all your utility bills and rates.
Get in Touch
Questions? We are here to help. Pop your details into the form below and we will be in touch as quickly as possible. If you have an urgent issue, please call us directly on +34 968 006 087